- Privacy Notice
This Statement of Privacy describes how we, Entrepregirl, will collect and use your personal information.
According to GDPR, personal data is defined as:
“Any information relating to an identified or identifiable person (“data subject”); an identifiable individual is a person who can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by identifying an identifier such as name, identification number, location data, online identifier, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual”.
3.1 Who are we?
Association “Bulgarian Center of Women in Technology”, UIC: 176378516, with headquarters and management address: Sofia, 81 Bulgaria Blvd., ent. 3, floor 2, ap. 6 is an organization that inspires, motivates and helps girls and women to find their place in the digital world. Through the site http://entrepregirlbg.com/ the association organizes the competition Entrepregirl, organized by the Bulgarian Center of Women in Technology, which is the only one of its kind in Europe. Its aim is to develop entrepreneurship among young girls and to encourage them to follow their dreams. In the four consecutive editions of the contest, nearly 200 girls dared to tell the world about their ideas and show that they could also be the change makers.
Why should Entrepregirl collect and store personal data?
In order to be able to enroll and evaluate your participation in the competition, and to be able to include you as an examinee in the contest, we need to collect personal data about your correspondence, communication and appreciation of your qualities and ideas. In any case, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for that purpose and does not constitute an intrusion into your privacy.
To get you looking for direct marketing, Entrepregirl will contact you to request prior consent.
Your personal data we would like to process are:
|Personal Data Type||Source|
|Name||Directly from the subject|
|Family name||Directly from the subject|
|Photo (we will only request from the 10 finalist)||Directly from the subject|
|Age||Directly from the subject|
|Telephone||Directly from the subject|
|E-mail address||Directly from the subject|
|City||Directly from the subject|
|Country||Directly from the subject|
|Brief biography||Directly from the subject|
|Personal and professional interests||Directly from the subject|
|Data on professional and learning achievements||Directly from the subject|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Organizing and conducting the Entrepregirl competition;
- Performing the non-profit goals of the Bulgarian Center of Women in Technology;
Our legal basis for the processing of personal data:
- Your agreement to be a participant or an examiner in the Entrepregirl competition;
- In some cases this may be our legitimate interest.
All legitimate interests pursued / protected by us or by third parties are as follows:
- Non-economic goals – promoting the Entrepregirl contest and the activities of women in technology in Bulgaria.
3.2 Explaining consent
In cases where the processing of your personal data is not necessary, in order to perform a contract, legal provision, the legitimate interest of the administrator or a third party as well as for any other reason, Entrepregirl will process your personal data only on the basis of your consent.
By giving your consent, you allow us to process your personal data for specific purposes.
In order to process Entrepregirl special categories of personal data, the consent of the subject is required and must be explicitly given. When we want to provide sensitive personal data, we will always tell you why and how the data will be used.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to our Data Protection Officer.
3.3 Disclosure to third parties
It is possible to disclose your personal data to the following third parties:
|Third Party||Category of personal data transferred to them||Objective|
|Hosting Companies||Data from the registration form||In order to be able to operate our site and e-mail, we need to use the services of hosting companies|
|External Examiner (Jury)||Data from the Application Form||In order to be able to evaluate your presentation and your project, we use the services of external reviewers|
3.4. Storage period
Entrepregirl will store your personal information as follows:
|Type of personal data||Storage period|
|Data of participants and examiners in the competition||1 year after the closing of the contest or until the moment of objecting or withdrawal of consent for processing|
3.5. Your rights as a data subject
At any time while we own or process your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – You have the right to request a copy of the data we store for you;
- Right to Repair – You have the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete data about you that we store.
- Right to be forgotten – under certain circumstances, you may ask for the data we hold for you to be deleted from our records.
- Limitation of processing – when certain conditions exist, you have the right to restrict data processing.
- Right of portability – You have the right that the data we hold for you is transferred to another person.
- Right of objection – You have the right to object to certain types of processing of your data, such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – You also have all the rights that arise for you if you are the subject of the legal consequences of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial protection: If Entrepregirl refuses your request under our access rights, we will state the reason for this. You have the right to file a complaint as outlined in point 3.6 below.
If there is a third party (as mentioned in 3.3 above) when processing your personal data, all of the above requests will be forwarded to it.
If you would like to complain about the processing of your personal data by Entrepregirl (or third parties as described in point 3.4 above) or to complain about how your complaint was dealt with, you have the right to file a complaint directly the Supervisory Authority, as well as the Entrepregirl Data Protection Officer.
The data for each of these contacts are:
Contact details of the supervisory authority Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
Contact person: Personal Data Protection Commission (KPDD) Yana Dalekova
Address 1: Gr. Sofia 1592, “Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov “№ 2 Bulgaria, Sofia, 2 Naiden Nikolov Str
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Yana.email@example.com
Phone number: 02 / 91-53-518 0889755552
3.7. More information
Under what circumstances will Entrepregirl be able to look for me?
Our goal is not to be annoying and we take the necessary steps not to ask inappropriate or unnecessary questions. In addition, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimize the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure.
Can I find out what my personal data is owned by Entrepregirl?
Entrepregirl can, at your request, confirm what information we store for you and how it is processed. If Entrepregirl stores your personal data, you may request the following information:
- Identity and contact details of the person or organization that has determined how and why your data is processed. In some cases this will be their representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the Data Protection Officer, if any.
- The purpose and legal basis for processing your data.
- Information about the legitimate interests of Entrepregirl or a third party if the processing is done on such grounds.
- Categories of collected, stored and processed personal data.
- Recipient (s) or categories of recipients to whom the data is / will be disclosed.
- Information on how we guarantee that if we intend to transfer your personal data to individuals in a third country or international organization, they are transmitted and stored securely. The EU has approved the sending of personal data in some countries as they meet a minimum standard of data protection. For the rest, we will ensure that there are specific measures to ensure the security of your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your right to correct, delete, limit, or oppose such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- How to file a complaint with the supervisor.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement or a condition for the conclusion of a contract, and whether you are required to provide personal data and the possible consequences of failure to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it was not collected directly from you.
- Full information on automated decision-making processes such as, for example, profiling, and any important information about the logic behind such decision-making, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such data processing.
What identity documents will I have to provide to access my personal data?
In cases where you can not contact us through your contact details (e-mail or telephone), Entrepregirl accepts the following ID when you request information about your personal information:
– ID card
For any questions about the contest, prizes and participation terms and conditions, you can write to us here: